Skip to content
Our students . . .
- learn through direct experience and hands-on exploration
- work cooperatively with their peers to communicate, negotiate, and problem solve
- take risks in a challenging, supportive environment
Our teachers . . .
- tap into students’ natural curiosity to actively engage them in learning
- design a rigorous curriculum relevant to the group and responsive to the individual
- teach at the forefront of learning theory as a result of ongoing professional development and peer exchange
Our community . . .
- forges a partnership between school and home
- cultivates open-mindedness, responsibility, kindness, and compassion
- strives to reflect the values it seeks to instill in its children
Academics > Curriculum
There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots; the other, wings
— Hodding Carter