Welcome to Live Oak School!
All of us at Live Oak are excited to welcome you to our school and community! We are looking forward to providing a variety of ways to get your child and your family connected with Live Oak in anticipation of the 2021-2022 school year. In order to get ready for the coming school year, here are some things to help you plan:
Summer Homework and Reading (coming soon)
Upcoming Welcome Events
*Dates/Details subject to change based on Public Health guidance
- New Parents & Guardians Reception – May 6 | 7:00 pm – Live Oak
- Kindergarten Welcome Meetup – TBD
- Sixth Grade Welcome Meetup – TBD – Parents, Guardians, and Siblings Included
Also Coming up in April and May
- Buddy Family Connections
- Class Email Groups will Open
- Parent-coached Kindergarten and First Grade Soccer Team Sign-ups
Later in the Summer
- June Mailing: School Forms and Family Portal Access
- August Mailing: Class and Grove Placement, Extended Care, and Roots & Branches Sign-ups
Tuesday, August 24 is a day full of orientations for both parents and students. All student orientation events begin at 9 am. As soon as students are settled into their orientation, parents should proceed to parent orientation (details below).
- Kindergarten Orientation, 9 – 10:30 am for ALL KINDERGARTNERS, including siblings of older Live Oak students. This is an opportunity for the new kindergartners to meet their teachers, see their classroom, and spend a little time with their classmates before school begins “for real” the next day. This event takes place in the kindergarten classrooms.
- Sixth Grade Orientation 9 am – 1 pm for ALL SIXTH GRADERS, new and returning. Lunch will be provided. Students are given valuable information about middle school and they are given the opportunity to begin to get to know their teachers and classmates. This event begins in the courtyard.
- New Student Orientation 9 – 10 am for all new students in grades one through five, seven, and eight. New students will have a chance to meet their teachers and other new students, see the school, and learn some important things about going to school at Live Oak. This event begins in the Grand Hall West.
For Parents and Guardians:
- Lower School (kindergarten – fifth grade) Parent/Guardian Orientation 9:15 – 10:25 am for new lower school parents. Parents and Guardians of current Live Oak students do not need to attend. New parents and guardians will learn the nuts and bolts of Live Oak School, meet the Live Oak staff members, and have an opportunity to ask questions. The event takes place in the Grand Hall East.
- Middle School (sixth – eighth Grade) Parent/Guardian Orientation 9:15 – 10:25 am for all middle school parents, both new and returning to Live Oak. Information about important middle school procedures will be provided. This event takes place in the Gym.
We hope that these orientation events will make the transition into Live Oak a smooth and joyful one for all new families. We look forward to seeing you there!
Coming June 2021