Welcome to Live Oak School!
Everyone at Live Oak is excited to welcome you to our community. In order to get ready for the coming school year, here are some things to help you plan.
Upcoming Welcome Events
- New Parents Reception – Wednesday, May 1 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm at Live Oak – adults only
- New Kindergarten Playground Meetup – Saturday, May 18 from 10:00 am – noon, Jackson Playground
- Sixth Grade Welcome Bowling Party – Saturday, May 18 from 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm at Presidio Bowl – for the whole family, parents included, siblings welcome
Also Coming up in May
- Buddy Families will reach out
- Class Reps will reach out about email groups
- Parent-coached Kindergarten and First Grade soccer team information will be sent
Later in the Summer
- June Mailing with necessary forms and access to the Family Tree website – June 21
- August Mailing with class placement, Groves placement, Extended Care and Roots & Branches sign up, and supply lists – August 10
Access the 2019-2020 School Calendar at https://www.liveoaksf.org/community/calendar?calreq=school&schyr=2019
Monday, Aug. 26, is a day full of orientations for both parents and students.
All student orientation events begin at 9 a.m. As soon as students are settled into orientation, parents should proceed to parent orientations (details below).
- Kindergarten Orientation, 9 – 10:30 a.m. for ALL KINDERGARTNERS, including siblings. This is an opportunity for the new kindergartners to meet their teachers, see their classroom, and spend a little time with their classmates before school begins “for real” the next day. This event takes place in the kindergarten classrooms.
- Sixth Grade Orientation 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. for ALL SIXTH GRADERS, new and returning. Lunch will be provided. Students are given valuable information about middle school and they are given the opportunity to begin to get to know their teachers and classmates. This event begins in the courtyard.
- New Student Orientation 9 – 10:00 a.m. for all new students in grades one through five. New students will have a chance to meet their teachers and other new students, see the school, and learn some important things about going to school at Live Oak. This event begins in the Grand Hall West.
- Lower School (kindergarten – fifth grade) Parent Orientation 9:15 – 10:25 a.m. for new lower school parents in the Grand Hall East. Sibling parents do not need to attend. New parents will learn the nuts and bolts of Live Oak School, meet the Live Oak staff members, and have an opportunity to ask questions.
- Middle School (sixth – eighth Grade) Parent Orientation 9:15 – 10:25 a.m. for all sixth grade parents, both new and returning to Live Oak. This event is held in the Gym. Information about important middle school procedures will be provided.
We hope that these orientation events will make the transition into Live Oak a smooth and joyful one for all new families. We look forward to seeing you there!
We look forward to seeing you in August!