Live Oak School is an all gender K-8 independent day school in San Francisco.
Location & Contact
1555 Mariposa Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
- K: 8:30 am to 2:45 pm
- 1st-5th: 8:30 am to 3 pm
- 6th-8th: 8:30 am to 3:15 pm
- Wednesday dismissal: 2 pm (K-5); 2:15 pm (6-8)
- Before school: 7:30 to 8:15 a.m.
- After school: until 6 p.m
Cost: $8.75 per hour; monthly rate is $350 and yearly package of $2,750; reduced rates available when prepaid. Pro-rated for participants in our Adjusted Tuition Program.
Average Class Size
Lower School: Kindergarten – 5th Grade
- Two classes of 22 – 24 students with two teachers per class, 44 – 48 per grade
Middle School: 6th – 8th Grade
- Three class sections of 18 students per section with one teacher, 54 students per grade
- Students of color: 47%
- Faculty/staff of color: 46%
- Participation in Adjusted Tuition program: 25%
- LGBT families: 7%
Annual Tuition Ranges: Kindergarten – 5th Grade: $500 – $39,550; 6th – 8th Grade: $500 – $40,075. Our Adjusted Tuition Program makes a Live Oak education accessible for families. 25% of Live Oak families participate in our Adjusted Tuition Program.
Tuition includes: lunch daily, books and educational materials, all school supplies, technology (ipads/laptops and accessories), outdoor education, field trips, laboratory fees, yearbooks, and athletic uniforms.
Tuition does not include extended care, but extended care costs are adjusted at the same percentage as tuition.
Live Oak has a robust and delicious lunch program that furthers our commitment to wellness, inclusion, sustainability, and community. The cost of lunch is included in your child’s tuition. Lunches are prepared in our on-site, commercial catering kitchen. The menu features fresh, simple, and delicious food that fuels our students’ full and busy school days.