Live Oak School supports the potential and promise of each student. We provide a strong academic foundation, foster skills to effect change, and develop courageous and conscientious learners from all backgrounds. We inspire students to advance equity and inclusion, to act with compassion and integrity, and to pursue a lifelong passion for learning.
To know a child well is Live Oak School’s vision and the responsibility of the entire Live Oak community—faculty, parents, and the students themselves.
- We know children well so we can teach them well, providing access and challenge for all students.
- We know them well so they can bring their whole selves – all aspects of their identity – to school so they can be comfortable at school to take the risks that result in real learning.
- We know them well so they can know themselves well, and grow into people who can advocate for themselves and for others.
- A rich curriculum that provides access and challenge for every student, supporting deep thinking, self-expression, and new perspectives.
- An inclusive school community that explores and appreciates the differences that define us as individuals.
- Empathy in our personal relationships to encourage responsibility and integrity in our actions.
- Joy and humor—In this, we find the willingness to learn from mistakes, the desire to take healthy risks, and the curiosity of childhood.
Non Discrimination Pledge
Live Oak School welcomes and admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin, citizenship status, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and faith to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities of Live Oak School. Live Oak School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, citizenship status, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and faith in administration of its educational policies and programs, admissions policies, Adjusted Tuition program, and athletic and other school-administered programs.